X-Men: First Class


X-Men: First Class is an upcoming superhero film based on the comic book superhero team. It is the fifth film of the X-Men film series and a prequel to the first three movies. Matthew Vaughn is directing and Bryan Singer is producing, and the film is scheduled for release on June 3, 2011. It concerns the early years of
Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr, and their dealings with The Hellfire Club.

James McAvoy...Professor Charles Xavier

Michael Fassbender ... Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
Rose Byrne...Dr. Moira MacTaggert
January Jones...Emma Frost
Kevin Bacon...Sebastian Shaw
Jennifer Lawrence...Raven Darkhölme / Mystique
Nicholas Hoult ...Hank McCoy / Beast
Jason Flemyng... Azazel
Oliver Platt...Man in Black
Lucas Till...Alex Summers / Havok
Caleb Landry Jones...Sean Cassidy / Banshee
Edi Gathegi...Darwin
Álex González...Janos Quested / Riptide
Zoë Kravitz...Angel Salvadore
Ray Wise...Secretary of State





Labels

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Jason Flemyng reveals more on Azazel role


On the director:
He's developed so much with each of his films. He's amazing. His vernacular is a lot more polished and his understanding of the language of films is so much more sophisticated. That's a director gaining confidence, I guess. I promised after Clash of the Titans that I would never do make-up again. But I hate being left out of Matt's stuff. On this, he said the only [available] part was Azazel, a red devil. But I welcomed it with open arms and dived in.

On his character:
He's the badass, knife-throwing, sword-wielding member of the Hellfire Club and it means I get to slice up loads of CIA agents. I'm an old lefty and I wanted to turn him into a Comrade because it's the Cold War, I love that I have these two swords and the idea of slicing and dicing agents, I wanted to push the idea that he's a Russian baddie.

On how the Hellfire Club fits into the story:
It was basically that the Russians were way ahead at harnessing the power of mutants for war. The Americans realise this is something they've got to get a grip on, then you get the battle between what was the Eastern bloc mutants versus the Western world mutants, who want to save the world.

On the future for his character:
He's the father of the teleporting Nightcrawler. Mystique and Azazel have a ding-dong and their kid is Alan Cumming, which I'd be happy with. I can see a resemblance there. In the next film, hopefully I get to kiss Jennifer Lawrence.

And on nearly being in X-Men: The Last Stand when Vaughn was attached to direct:
I was all ramped up and ready to play Beast originally [before Kelsey Grammar got the role]. I went over and did my camera tests and stuff.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2011/05/jason-flemyng-on-x-men-first-c.html

No comments:

Post a Comment