X-Men: First Class


X-Men: First Class is an upcoming superhero film based on the comic book superhero team. It is the fifth film of the X-Men film series and a prequel to the first three movies. Matthew Vaughn is directing and Bryan Singer is producing, and the film is scheduled for release on June 3, 2011. It concerns the early years of
Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr, and their dealings with The Hellfire Club.

James McAvoy...Professor Charles Xavier

Michael Fassbender ... Erik Lehnsherr / Magneto
Rose Byrne...Dr. Moira MacTaggert
January Jones...Emma Frost
Kevin Bacon...Sebastian Shaw
Jennifer Lawrence...Raven Darkhölme / Mystique
Nicholas Hoult ...Hank McCoy / Beast
Jason Flemyng... Azazel
Oliver Platt...Man in Black
Lucas Till...Alex Summers / Havok
Caleb Landry Jones...Sean Cassidy / Banshee
Edi Gathegi...Darwin
Álex González...Janos Quested / Riptide
Zoë Kravitz...Angel Salvadore
Ray Wise...Secretary of State





Labels

Friday, December 10, 2010

Jennifer Lawrence On Mystique


Assignment X (AX) interviewed Jennifer Lawrence, and part of the interview concerns her role as Mystique.

AX: A lot of people are excited about seeing you play Mystique in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS next year. She’s probably my favorite character. What’s it like going through that body paint job that Rebecca Romijn previously endured?

JENNIFER LAWRENCE: For most of the movie, I’m “me” as Raven Darkholme. This is before she’s a mutant and proud as Mystique. In FIRST CLASS, Raven’s more of an insecure teenager who’s dealing with the insecurity that she’s blue and scaly. Then she learns to start embracing it. For that, I went through the body paint many times. It’s six to eight hours to put on. And it would be hell if it wasn’t for my makeup girls. We just have so much fun watching SEX AND THE CITY the whole time. The only problem is that when I’m done standing up or sitting on a bicycle seat for so many hours, I’m ready to go home, but I’ve got to start work right away.

AX: Is it liberating playing an empowered character who’s literally naked to the world?

JENNIFER LAWRENCE: I definitely have gotten used to walking around in my skivvies. I don’t know if that gave me empowerment as much as it took all of my modesty away!

AX: Mystique’s appeal is how she uses her sensuality as a weapon. What’s your personal take on the character?

JENNIFER LAWRENCE: In a sense, Rebecca Romijn and I are playing two different Mystiques. Her version is comfortable, and badass in her own skin, but my Raven is about figuring herself out, and wondering if it would be better to remain in her natural form.

AX: So I imagine we’ll have a scene with Raven’s liberating moment of ripping her cloths off?

JENNIFER LAWRENCE: I don’t know. Stay tuned!

AX: Another great quality about Mystique is her agility. What are the physical demands of the part like?

JENNIFER LAWRENCE: All of the cast that are playing X-Men are all going through training. I personally trained for two hours a day, except when I was being body painted. I did kick boxing, stretching and yoga, but it’s really my stunt girl who’s going to be doing more than me.

AX: One of my favorite films of the year was Class director Matthew Vaughan’s KICK ASS. Is he going for a similarly satirical tone here, or will his X-MEN be more serious?

JENNIFER LAWRENCE: Matthew’s an incredible director. He’s very smart, and has a cool style. While I don’t think he’s trying to be too serious here, he’s also not making the film jokey. About the only word that comes to mind when you’re looking around the set to get a feeling for what this film will be is “Cool!” I definitely trust in Matthew.

http://assignmentx.com/2010/interview-jennifer-lawrence-shakes-the-chill-of-winters-bone/

Rebecca Romijn as Mystique

No comments:

Post a Comment